Think of a better combination than warm soft apples and a crispy nutty crumble topping.
This recipe is a healthy version of the classic apple crisp. It is perfect for the holiday season or anytime during the year as a healthy dessert alternative. This recipe is low in sugar, high in fiber and healthy fats, and very delicious.
I love pairing this apple crisp with Oat milk creamy vanilla ice cream. You could also top this with cool whip or whipped cream. You could bring this to your next holiday or Friendsgiving party.
Vegan Apple Crisp
- 6 apples mix of red and green cut into slices
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter or solid coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Add the sliced apples, maple syrup, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to a large bowl. Toss everything together until the apples are evenly coated.
- In another small bowl mix the topping ingredients besides the butter. Cut in the butter until the topping is crumb-like.
- Add the apple mixture to a greased 8X8 pan, and sprinkle the topping mixture on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the apple mixture is bubbling. Check at around 30 minutes to see if it is browning too fast. If it is, cover it with tin foil.
- Once done cooking, cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and top with ice cream or whipped cream!