Who says salads are just for the summer? This fresh salad is perfect for winter nights when you need something a bit lighter! It is a super simple recipe that is filling and delicious!
I used mostly pre-made ingredients from Trader Joe’s:
- For the chicken I used their precooked grilled lemon pepper chicken breast. It was $5.99 which is about the same price as their raw plain chicken breast. This saved me time and money and was super moist and flavorful
- I used their crunch dried honey crisp apples and goat cheese crumbles.
- TJs also carries this AMAZING salad dressing that went so well with this salad. It is their champagne pear and Gorgonzola salad dressing. If you take away one thing from this post- please go and buy that dressing!
- Lastly I just used plain romaine lettuce mix and roasted pecan pieces. You can roast your own pecans by baking them in the oven with a little salt and olive oil at 400F for about 5 minutes!
Chicken Apple & Pecan Salad
- 1 bag mixed greens lettuce
- 1 lb chicken breast Trader Joe’s pre cooked lemon chicken breast
- 1/2 Red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup dried crunchy apples
- 1 bottle salad dressing of choice Trader Joe’s pear and champagne Gorgonzola vinaigrette
- slice red onion and cooked chicken breasts
- Evenly distribute the lettuce into 4 bowls
- Between the 4 bowls evenly add on top the red onion, chicken, goat cheese, pecans, apple crisps and your personal preference of salad dressing
- take a picture and then mix it all together! Enjoy!