These super easy & quick granola bars are only 5-ingredients and super delicious. They are great snack options for on the go and are easy to incorporate into your meal prep. I like to make a big batch on Sundays and take them into work and freeze some for later.
Why are homemade granola bars better than store bought:
- You can save a lot of money making your own granola bars. lets say a “healthy” granola bar is $2.99. You can easily make 10-12 granola bars for that same price since all of these ingredients are fairly cheap.
- Homemade granola bars have cleaner ingredients. With store bought granola bars you cant be really sure what “natural flavors” mean. They can have additives in them that sometimes can be labeled as natural flavors. With homemade granola bars you know exactly what is being put into them.
- You can make adjustments to this recipe based on what you have on hand or what is in season. This recipe calls for pumpkin seeds but if you already have pecans or walnuts they can be a great addition. You could also add in chocolate chips or other dried fruits for an added flavor bonus.
Easy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- electric mixer
- 3.5 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2.5 cups honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 9X13 baking dishes with parchment paper.
- Mix together the peanut butter, honey and 1/2 cup of warm water to your kitchen aid mixer. Slowly mix together until fully combined and creamy- about 1 minute.
- in a large mixing bowl, add the oats, pumpkin seeds, raisins and water. stir together until incorporated and oats are slightly moist from the water. (this helps the oats to cook more evenly)
- Pour the honey peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients. mix together until oats are completely covered by peanut butter.
- Add the fully incorporated mixture to the 9X13 pans making sure it is evenly spread
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top of the bars are golden brown.
- Let the granola bars cool and cut into 18 bars.
- You can easily halve or double this recipe.